REVIEW: Suddenly Forbidden By Ella Fields











SYNOPSIS:

I thought he'd always be mine, 
even when I was forced to say goodbye. 

We were never meant to let go, 
but it happened anyway. 
Too bad I didn’t know someone was waiting to take my place, or I would've held on a lot tighter. 

Two years later, we were exactly where we'd always planned to be. 
I'd kept my promise. 
He'd forgotten all about his. 
Not only had he moved on, but the person he'd moved on with was my best friend, leaving me to begin college with a broken heart. 

I guess this is the part where I’m supposed to tell you some other guy stepped in, repaired my shattered pieces, and made me smile again. 

This isn't that kind of story. 

My heart might have been broken, 
but it refused to fall out of love. 

WARNING: this book contains cheating.




REVIEW:



Wow, so apparently I'm going to have to set aside a whole night whenever I'm reading an Ella Fields book. 

This is only my second read of hers, yet also the second time that I have read straight through the night and finished it in one go. 


One thing Ella knows how to do well is angst. And I sure do love me some angsty reads. 😂 And this one sure does have all the angst.



"My heart, even now, refused to listen. It was failing to comprehend what my brain kept repeating to it. That access to its counterpart was now suddenly forbidden."

As it's in the synopsis as a warning I don't feel it's a spoiler, so I want to mention the cheating. 

I have only read very few books with cheating as that's just not my cup of tea in a book. It usually turns me off the whole story. In this one it didn't, granted, I still didn't agree with what happened but it was done in a way that I didn't mind as much and it didn't ruin the story for me, which it usually does. 



Now I'm a complete sucker for those books that jump back in time and show us glimpses of them growing up together and evolving from friends to lovers, this book did that and I loved getting to see how we got to where we are with them in the present time. 



"We more than meant a lot to each other. We were the breeze that ruffled the dandelions. The sun that scorched our skin red until we searched for reprieve under our favorite willow tree. And underneath the stretch of dark skies, we were each other’s stars."


I loved both of the main characters and the side characters as well and was happy to discover that a few of them have there own books as well.


This book had everything I love in my favorite trope, it had the angst, the young love, all the conflict, the funny side characters. I just loved it. 


Ella Fields has just gained another forever reader. Her books are my catnip and I can't wait to devour more of them. 



"Some things were simply irrefutable and inescapable. The stars, the moon, and the way my heart would always beat in sync with hers. And with enough forgiveness, love, and trust, not even forever could stop us."


Comments

Popular Posts