Review: Pretty Reckless By L.J. Shen







Synopsis:

Penn 

They say revenge is a dish best served cold. 
I’d had four years to stew on what Daria Followhill did to me, and now my heart was completely iced. 
I took her first kiss. 
She took the only thing I loved. 
I was poor. 
She was rich. 
The good thing about circumstances? They can change. Fast. 
Now, I’m her parents’ latest shiny project. 
Her housemate. Her tormentor. The captain of the rival football team she hates so much. 
Yeah, baby girl, say it—I’m your foster brother. 
There’s a price to pay for ruining the only good thing in my life, and she’s about to shell out some serious tears. 
Daria Followhill thinks she is THE queen. I’m about to prove to her that she’s nothing but a spoiled princess. 

Daria 

Everyone loves a good old unapologetic punk. 
But being a bitch? Oh, you get slammed for every snarky comment, cynical eye roll, and foot you put in your adversaries’ way. 
The thing about stiletto heels is that they make a hell of a dent when you walk all over the people who try to hurt you. 
In Penn Scully’s case, I pierced his heart until he bled out, then left it in a trash can on a bright summer day. 
Four years ago, he asked me to save all my firsts for him. 
Now he lives across the hall, and I want nothing more than to be his last everything. 
His parting words when he gave me his heart were that nothing in this world is free. 
Now? Now he is making me pay. 

Review:



Oh, my gosh.  I absolutely love Leigh's writing, her Sinners of Saint series is amazing and just gets better with each book (as do all of her books) but Pretty Reckless just blew me away.  This starts the series off with a bang.  


“There is nothing more poetically inspiring Than loving the right person At the wrong place At the wrong time” 



I found myself feeling everything along with these characters. I was so captivated by this book. Every time I wasn't reading I was thinking about it and wanting to get back to reading, until I was finally able to sit down and devour this story. Because that's the only way you can read this book. You won't want to put it down.


Daria is such a B in the beginning I wasn't sure I was going to be able to connect to her, but boy was I wrong. Daria is actually one of my favorites characters now. Getting to see her development through this book was fantastic. She grows so much throughout this story. 


"War is a universal language. Christian, Jew, Buddhist, or a Muslim. Beautiful or ugly. Rich or Poor. They're about to find out that it is especially vicious when you're the underdog." 


Penn also surprised me little bit too. He wasn't exactly what I expected him to be either. But damn do I love him. ;) 


And boy these two together, was so hot and explosive! 


I absolutely loved this book, the characters, the plot, everything about it. Leigh's writing is like coffee to me, I can never get enough. 


If you love hot, steamy, angsty romance, that's going to hit you right in the heart. You absolutely need to pick this one up.  L.J. Shen is a genius with words. 


I absolutely can't wait for Vaughn and Knight's stories. I'm so pumped for them! Knowing Leigh, they're going to be even more intense, and I am so ready. 


"We are so much stronger than we think we are. But sometimes, we go through decades without having to be tested. The thing about life is, it always hits us. No one leads a charmed life. Even the blonde, gorgeous, picture-perfect, popular rich girl harbors secrets. Even the football captain. Even the rich mother of two who married her hot millionaire ex-student. The Ballet prodigy. Everyone's got a story, and we all have chapters we'd rather not read aloud." 





Comments