REVIEW - Broken Knight by L.J. Shen








Title: Broken Knight
Author: L.J. Shen
Genre: New Adult/Highschool Romance
Rating: ☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️ 5



Blurb:

Not all love stories are written the same way. Ours had torn chapters, missing paragraphs, and a bittersweet ending.

Luna Rexroth is everyone’s favorite wallflower.

Sweet.
Caring.
Charitable.
Quiet.
Fake.
Underneath the meek, tomboy exterior everyone loves (yet pities) is a girl who knows exactly what, and who, she wants—namely, the boy from the treehouse who taught her how to curse in sign language.
Who taught her how to laugh.
To live.
To love.
Knight Cole is everyone’s favorite football hero.
Gorgeous.
Athletic.
Rugged.
Popular.
Liar.

This daredevil hell-raiser could knock you up with his gaze alone, but he only has eyes for the girl across the street: Luna.

But Luna is not who she used to be. She doesn’t need his protection anymore.
When life throws a curveball at All Saints’ golden boy, he’s forced to realize not all knights are heroes.

Sometimes, the greatest love stories flourish in tragedy.
 















REVIEW:




I have never read a book where I felt such all encompassing, Overwhelming emotions. 


This book will reck you. I don't want to scare anyone away from reading this book, because even though it's hard to read at times, it really is one of the BEST stories I've ever read. 




"The heart doesn't ask for permission to feel things. It simply feels."


The emotions you feel while reading this book make it feel like you are living these characters lives and experiencing these things with them. 


This is by far L.J. Shen's best writing to date. 



I finished this book days ago and I'm still thinking about these characters. 



If I hear a song, or think of something that reminds me of the book I get a little teary eyed just thinking about it. It is definitely one of those books that sinks inside your heart and stays with you for a long time to come. 



The relationship between Luna and knight is heartbreaking, it's tragic at times, but most of all it's beautiful. 




"We molded, like two distinct colors mixed together into something unique and true - a shade only we could paint with."




Some of the thing's that happen between them made me want to chuck my kindle across the room at times lol. But we all know Mrs. Leigh Shen knows how to bring the angst and the heartbreak. 



I'm not going to go much into detail about anything or even my feelings on this book because, like Leigh said, it's truly best experienced going in blind, and I would never want to ruin that experience for anyone. 




"We break things all the time. It's called life. If you don't break, you don't live. You don't move. You don't try. You don't take chances. Breaking is a part of living."




If you have enjoyed any of her previous books, I absolutely encourage you to read this one. It is worth every tear you will shed. 






Comments

Popular Posts