ARC Review - In Fury Lies Mischief By Amo Jones





Title: In Fury Lies Mischief (Midnight Mayhem, #2)
Author: Amo Jones
Genre: Dark Romance
Rating: ☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️ 5
Release Date: March 10'th, 2020


Blurb:


She was everything that I wanted.

He was everything that I despised.

Until she wasn’t.
Until he wasn’t.

Killian Cornellii was a walking calamity. He reached inside of me and touched every single inch of my ruined soul, but he didn’t just touch it. He caressed, petted, and captivated it. He tailored me to fit into the palm of his hands. The same hands that possess so much cruelty, were the very same that comforted me.
I thought I knew him.
He thought he knew me.
This isn’t a fairy tale, or some achingly beautiful story about two soul mates who instantly fall irrevocably in love with each other.
This is a story about a love so painful, so rich, that it destroys everything and everyone around it.
Including ourselves.

Midnight Mayhem is the platform to which Killian performs his tricks on, but the greatest trick wouldn’t come from him.
It would come from me.

Tricksters don’t have hearts.
They just pretend that they do.

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. 




Review:

Wooooow. Amo really did that. Ya'll, this book is so good.
I love this world so much. Midnight Mayhem is gritty, dark, and so fucked up, but it's everything our little black hearts need. 😏

"Words can be a powerful weapon, lethal enough to strip anyone of their composure while leaving their confidence bleeding out over the floor."

I have been so hyped to read Killian's book. I absolutely loved him in In Peace Lies Havoc, and dayum, this boy did not disappoint. 
He's Midnight Mayhems trickster, but his games are so much fun. 

In Fury Lies Mischief was everything I was hoping for. I was captivated from page one. This story is crazy, it's dark, it's hot as hell, it's just so damn good! It will keep you on your toes the entire time. Killian and Saskia have such a crazy, hot as hell, push and pull between them. These two, whoo! Saskia and Killian were damn hot. She is the perfect match for him. I can't wait for everyone else to get to read these two. You will not be disappointed. 

And Saskia, girl. I obviously loved her, but I'm not gonna talk much about her. It's best just to get to know her when you read it. 

I was up entirely too late reading, but I just couldn't put it down. It's the same thing I experienced with the first book. This world and these characters just suck you in. Amo's writing is the type of magic you look for in books. It makes you disappear into a fictional world and forget your own reality until you're jolted back when you realize the book is over. It's an amazing journey. 

Also, make sure to listen to Amo's playlist while reading. It gives the story a whole new depth and feeling while reading. It makes it so much more immersive. And now every time I hear one of the songs it will remind me of a specific scene or just the book in general, and who doesn't want that!? Plus Amo has fantastic taste in music as well as being an amazing writer. 

"People are only lost because they don't have anyone willing to find them."

I absolutely love it when a book can make you feel everything with the characters, and Amo does this so well. There is so much emotion and depth in In Fury Lies Mischief. You know those books that make you smile simply from how damn good it is, and you just can't help it? I was smiling from page one. I probably looked like a lunatic, but its all good. 😂 I think I highlighted most of this book on my kindle too. 

Saskia and Killian were everything my dark little heart was hoping for. Five fantastic stars from me.  🖤 


▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

*ARC Received in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.*

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

- Danielle





Comments