Throwback - Books I loved growing up!





So, I had this idea at random, which I'm sure has been done before, but I wanted to share with you the books that I loved growing up. Mainly the books I read in my teenage years because that's when I really became an avid reader. These are the ones that I remember loving a lot. I'm not going to mention all of them, cause we'd be here forever. I read a lot back then. 
Let me know in the comments if you were also obsessed with any of these books!


▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️


Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. 

I think a lot of us probably have this one in common. My parents and my Aunt bought me the books one Christmas and I devoured these books in four days. It was insane. I didn't leave my room, my parents had to remind me to eat. It was an obsession lol. They were the first books that I really felt a connection with while reading. 

41865




House Of Night Series by P.C. Cast and Kristen Cast. 

Of course Twilight started my Vampire obsession so I had to find more. I loved this series for awhile, but never did end up finishing it. It just went on for so long and when they started adding the other characters pov, I lost interest. But I still think fondly of the beginning books in this series. 

30183



Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. 

Ah, more vampires. Like I said, it started an obsession. 😂 But Vampire Academy was so good! This is still one of my favorite YA series. I started reading these when most of the books were already out, but man when I hit that book one book and the next wasn't out yet, that was killer. Highly recommend this series. 

345627



The Mortal instruments by Cassandra Clare. 

I know I've mentioned before my love for The Mortal Instruments and anything Shadowhunter by Cassie, really. This series was everything to me back in the day, and still is really close to my heart. I discovered this series at a really difficult time in my life, and it was exactly the distraction from reality that I needed. And Cassie's writing has only gotten better with time. I love how she weaves all of her books together and connects them. I don't understand how she does it, but I love it. 

256683. sy475



Soul Screamers series by Rachel Vincent. 

Ya'll, these books were a major obsession. I remember reading them so damn fast every release and then being so sad I had to wait for the next one. 😂 
I was lucky enough to meet Rachel a couple years back and she is so nice! Her adult books a really amazing as well. If you love paranormal books, her Shifter series is amazing as well. 

6315602

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. 

Well, I can't have this list and not mention the Hunger Games!
Loved the books, and went to every midnight premiere of the movies with my best friend. Man, I miss those days. We used to go all out for those premiers. It was so much fun. 

2767052


Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. 

I know I heard at some point that this was supposed to be turned into a movie? Not sure if that is still happening or not, but I would definitely watch it. Loved me some Patch. Books about angels were also a huge book obsession of mine back then. 

6339664


The Summoning (Darkest Powers, series) by Kelly Armstrong.

These were some of the first books that I discovered on kindle. Man, that was world changing lol. I didn't have to wait for my parents to take me to the store to get the next book, I could just download it and read it right away!? 
At this time I had to read it on my laptop though because I didn't have a kindle yet. That was a pain in the ass, to say the least. 😂

2800905. sy475



Evermore (The Immortals) by Alyson Noel.

I remember really loving these books back in the day, but to be honest I couldn't tell you much about them now. 
But I loved them back then. 

3975774




Blue Blood's by Melissa de la Cruz. 

Of course we have yet another Vampire series! Clearly vampire books were my thing back then, lol. These were kinda weird, I remember thinking that, but I loved this series. It's another one, that I'm not sure I ever finished the last book or not. 
🤔 I can't remember. 


872333




Smokeless Fire (Fire Spirits, #1) by Samantha Young

I loved this series so much! This series is how I discovered Samantha Young's books, which are all amazing by the way. I could seriously put all of her YA books on this list. I was obsessed with all of them. This one was definitely my favorite though. 
I am going to mention them all here, because they deserve to be mentioned. 

Blood Will Tell (Warriors of Ankh, #1)
Moon Spell (The Tale of Lunarmorte, #1)


12407853





▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

Q: What were your favorite books growing up?
Did we obsess over any of the same books?
Let me know in the comments!

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

- Danielle 



Comments

Popular Posts