✨ Book Review - Sea of Ruin by Pam Godwin ✨



◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️

Title: Sea of Ruin
Author: Pam Godwin
Genre: Dark Historical Romance
Rating: ☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️
Release Date: April 28, 2020


Blurb:

Bennett Sharp is on the run. 
Wanted for piracy, she fears neither God nor death nor man. 
Except Priest Farrell. 

The unfaithful, stormy-eyed libertine hunts her with terrifying possessiveness. Nothing will stop him from coming for her. Not his unforgivable betrayal. Not when she’s captured by the ice-cold pirate hunter, Lord Ashley Cutler. 
She must escape Ashley’s prison and Priest’s deceit. But can she walk away from their twisted desires? 

Two gorgeous captains stand on opposite sides of the law. When they collide in a battle to protect her, the lines blur between enemies and lovers. 
Passion heats, secrets unravel, and hearts entangle until they break. 
Can love prevail in the sea of ruin? 




Review:

honestly have no idea where to start with this review. Whatever I say I know my words won't t do this story justice. It was just that damn good.

"His body was an effigy of chiseled art, an omnipotent sculpture to be coveted and revered."

I have never read a book from Pam Godwin before this, but you can bet your ass this one will not be the last! I may have gone on a one click binge with her books after finished Sea of Ruin. Sorry, not sorry. 😂

Sea of Ruin is a dark historical romance. And my gosh, I should have listened to the raving reviews earlier. I have been wanting to read it since it came out in April, but had bin iffy about. So, I downloaded the sample and started reading it. I got so lost in the story that I forgot I was reading just the sample and not the full book. I immediately had to buy it and continue reading. 

"The great purpose of life is love" I met him stare for stare, my heart beating loudly and clearly behind every word. "To know with certainty that we exist, we must love and be loved, even through the pain. It's the inexplicable fever inside us, which drives us to battle, to sacrifice, and to surrender."

This book immediately had me enthralled. Absolutely obsessed. The story is fucking fantastic. Her writing is beautiful. The characters are so real, it felt like reading about real people. Bennet is absolutely fucking amazing. One of my favorites charcaters ive ever read about. She's hilarious, she's strong, sarcastic, she's just everything. I can't go into everything that she is, but her character is one of the strongest, most amazing characters I've ever read about. 

Bennet's journey in this book is a dark one. The shit she goes through, and somehow still comes out of it on the other side stronger than ever, is just absolutely awe inspiring. I fucking love her. 

"The hardest lessons left invisible scars."

This book had me crying, laughing, having constant anxiety attacks, and had my damn heart beating out of my chest. This is one of the most fantastically well written books I've ever read. I mean, I ordered a signed copy of this book before I even finished it. I have NEVER done that! But I already knew this was one of my top reads of the year, of all time, and I needed this beautiful book signed and on my shelf. ♥️ 

And dammit, the love story in this book is my favorite ever. So many thing's I did not see coming. So many things I absolutely loved. Ugh, the love story alone is worth reading this book. But Sea of Ruin is so many thing's other than the love story. It's an amazing journey of love, friendship, and just SO much more. 

"Love isn't a decision. It arrives unannounced, breeds madness, and leaves a sea of ruin in it's wake."

You need to read it for yourselves. Absolutely beautiful. Six star read, hands down. I'd give it a billion stars if I could. 

It is a very dark read, so keep that in mind if you do pick it up. Some things were hard as hell to read, and will most definitely make you cry, but everything lends to Bennet's story. It's not an easy one, but it is one that will stick with you. It's one of those books that sucks you in, heart and soul. 

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

- Danielle 





Comments

Popular Posts