✨ Book Review - Exodus by Kate Stewart ✨



◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️

Title: Exodus (The Ravenhood Duet, #2)
Author: Kate Stewart 
Genre: Romance. Suspense. 
Rating: ☕️☕️☕️ 
Page Length: 450

Blurb: 

Can you live a lie?

It’s a ghost town, this place that haunts me, the one that made me.

It’s clear to me that I’ll never outgrow Triple Falls or outlive the time I spent here.

I can still feel them all, my boys of summer.

Even when I’d sensed the danger, I gave in.

I didn’t heed a single warning. I let my sickness, my love, both rule and ruin me. I played my part, eyes wide open, tempting fate until it delivered.

There was never going to be an escape.

All of us are to blame for what happened. All of us serving our own sentences. We were careless and reckless, thinking our youth made us indestructible, exempt from our sins, and it cost us all.

I’m done pretending I didn’t leave the largest part of me between these hills and valleys, between the sea of trees that hold my secrets.

It’s the reason I’m back. To make peace with my fate.

And if I can’t grieve enough to cure myself in my time here, I’ll remain sick. That will be my curse.

But it’s time to confess, to myself more so than any other, that I’d hindered my chances because of the way I was built, and because of the men who built me.

At this point, I just want to make peace with who I am, no matter what ending I get.

Because I can no longer live a lie.
 


Review:

⚠️ Spoiler Warning ⚠️ 
This review might contain spoilers for book one and hints at some spoilers in Exodus. 


So, I jumped into Exodus immediately after finishing Flock. I needed answers asap! And, as I'm sure you can tell by my rating, mine is kind of an unpopular opinion. I didn't hate it. But to me it just, for one didn't go where I thought it would, and two it didn't keep my interest the way that book one did. It still gave me all the feels and I absolutely love Kate Stewarts writing. It's just as beautiful in Exodus as it was in Flock. 

After certain events in book one there's a lot of changes in Exodus. And I'll be honest, they were not my favorite. I got attached to certain characters in book one that kind of dissapear for most of Exodus, and the whole game has changed in this book. 

There is a certain thing that happens in this book that really tore me up, and honestly after it happened I just couldn't get over it and I wasn't as attached to the story after that. This is one of those cases where I'm probably just being salty because it didn't go the way that I thought it would, but my heart just couldn't recover. Exodus really ripped my damn heart out and then stomped on it.  

There is a happily ever after, but Kate pushes it way to the end and I almost thought that we weren't going to get one. We do get all of the answers to the questions that we had in book one, thank gosh. Again the steam level in this one was super high. 🔥 

As this is the book that finally gives us all the answers we've been needing, there is a lot going on. There were some surprises I didn't see coming, but also some stuff that I was able to predict. 

I know there was a lot going on, and it needed to be longer for all of the answers and things needing to be wrapped up in Exodus, but it felt like it was a little too long for me. Also, there is a lot of inner monologue from Cecelia, and I really didn't enjoy that because it can drag on at times.

Like I said in the beginning of my review, my opinion seems to be on the unpopular side. From what I've seen from other reviews, most everyone else loved it. And I didn't hate it, but it definitely did not live up to my expectations after reading Flock. I think it just wasn't the ending that I was hoping for. But it is what it is. 🤷🏻‍♀️






Comments

Popular Posts