✨ Book Review - Sanctum by Hannah McBride ✨

 


◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️

Title: Sanctum (Blackwater pack, #1)

Author: Hannah McBride

Genre: Paranormal (Wolf Shifters)

Release Date: August, 2020


Blurb: 


A survivor on the run

Barely escaping with her life, Skye Markham and her mother flee their sadistic pack and seek sanctuary within Blackwater. Against all odds, Skye tries to create a new life for herself. A life she thought only existed in dreams is now within reach.

An alpha with a pack to protect

Remy Holt has spent years guarding his pack - his family - from threats as the next alpha in line. When the Blackwater pack decides to help the Markhams, Skye becomes one of his own … In more ways than one, if his wolf has anything to say about it.

A bond unlike any other

As Skye and Remy’s lives collide, the shifter world starts to implode. Missing shifters, a dying population, and pack wars are causing their sanctuary to crumble around them. Skye thought she was finally safe … but maybe there’s no such thing.


Review: 


I’ve got to say, this book seriously suprised me. This is Hannah McBrides first release and I would have never guessed had I not been told. 

I absolutely love reading books about shifters. All kinds, but Wolf shifters are my favorite. There are some pretty dark themes in this book, but I wouldn’t necessarily call it a dark read. It is upper YA. 

First of all, I instantly connected with Hannah’s writing. It was extremely easy to get hooked into the story and her characters are so well done and fleshed out, they are all easy to love. I loved the setting of the story. The places and everything she describes, are so easy to envision.

Our main characters Remy and Skye are both amazing characters, you can’t help but love them. Remy is that guy you wish was real. But seriously I loved his character. He’s the exact right amount of alpha male, while still being considerate and an all around amazing guy with Skye and his pack. And Skye is awesome. I loved her. We get the story from her POV and I’m so glad for that. It’s not multiple povs. Skye has been through so much, and obviously has her issues because of this, but she is a survivor. Her and her mother both are. 

I absolutely loved this story. It’s quite a big book, but never did I feel like it was too long or dragging on. It was the perfect length for this first book in the series. I really hope that we will get more of Remy and Skye. 

I also want to mention that other than the romance in this book, the friendship between Skye, Larkin, and Katy was so special and awesome to read about. Their friendship is one of a kind. As is the same with Rhodes and Remy. 

I could go on and on about how amazing this book is. Just do yourself the favor and read it.




Comments