Book Review - All Rhodes Lead Here by Mariana Zapata -

 


Title: All Rhodes Lead Here

Author: Mariana Zapata 

Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance

Rating: ★★★★★


Blurb: 


Losing people you love is hard. 

Aurora De La Torre knows moving back to a place that was once home isn’t going to be easy. 

Starting your whole life over probably isn’t supposed to be. 

But a small town in the mountains might be the perfect remedy for a broken heart. 

Checking out her landlord across the driveway just might cure it too.


Review:

Just like many of you I’m sure, I was super excited for the release of All Rhodes Lead Here by Mariana Zapata, and it did not let me down!


It was a little bit of a slow start for me, but once I got past the first chapter I was hooked. I absolutely loved this book. Mariana Zapata is known for her slow burn romance, and let me tell you this one did not let me down in that aspect. So if you love romance really soon in the story, or even half way through, you may not like this one. But I love slow burn. It gives you time to get to know the characters and for them to get to know each other, and when the romance does happen it’s even more intense. 


"Sometimes, maybe even more often than just sometimes, you were better off alone. Sometimes you had to learn to be your own best friend. To put yourself first."


That is exactly the way it happened for Rhodes and Aurora. Aurora especially had to go on her own journey of discovery before she was able to be in a relationship with Rhodes. I really loved watching them grow and become friends first. It made their connection even stronger. Also, if you love the grumpy one likes the sunshine one trope, you will love these two even more. 


"When you lose enough, you learn to take happiness where you can find it. You don't wait for it to be handed to you. You don't expect it in big firework displays."


This book is about so much more than romance. It’s about self discovery, friendship, grief, and so much more. It just made my heart so happy. It’s one of those ones that I just couldn’t put down, and I had a smile on my face through majority of the story. I spent most of my Easter Weekend devouring this book. 


"Because you don't love someone and lose them and keep on going the rest of your life complete." 


I highly recommend it. I know it won’t be for everyone, but I hope you give it chance, it’s definitely worth the journey. 





Comments

Popular Posts