BOOK REVIEW - DARLING VENOM BY PARKER S HUNTINGTON

 


TITLE: DARLING VENOM

AUTHOR: PARKER S. HUNTINGTON

GENRE: ROMANCE 

RATING: ★★★★★


REVIEW:


“They say time dulls the pain. They lie. Guilt is pains fuel, and it rekindles it every time the flame fades.”


I went into this book pretty blind. I read bits of the synopsis so I knew the gist of what I was getting into, but not really. 


I can already tell you that my words are not going to do this book justice but I am going to try because it more than deserves it. 


First things first, this is 100% an ugly cry but it’s one of those ugly cry’s that sticks with you forever. This book hurts I won’t lie about that. Especially if you have ever experienced losing someone to suicide, which I think too many of us know the pain of that, me included. So, you see it’s not an easy read at all. It hurts, it rips your damn heart out, but it is an important story. It’s a story about loss, grief, love, pain, forgiveness, and learning how to heal once you’ve hit your rock bottom. 


This book affected me in such a deep way that I know I will always hold it close to my heart. 


“Suicide is a war of two fears-fear of death and fear of the thing that pushes you toward it. The stronger side always wins. And if you lose, the penalty is death.”


It hurt my heart so bad to read the bits from Kellan’s pov. That hurt so bad knowing what was coming but I’m glad we got it. It gave some clarity to the state of mind he was in.


Tate. Ugh, grumpy Tate. That man is so broken and at the bottom when him and Charlotte meet. And Charlotte is so strong it’s admirable. Their story is heartbreaking, it’s messy, it’s painful, but in the end it’s so beautiful. 


This book is now one of my all time favorite reads. If you are strong enough to get through the pain and heartache of this read the light on the other side of it is so worth it. 


“Darling Venom. Beauty wrapped in ugliness. Love disguised as hate.”





SYNOPSIS:



My first love ended in tragedy.
My second began with his brother.


From Wall Street Journal bestseller Parker S. Huntington comes a broken love story laced with angst and forbidden romance.


I wasn’t supposed to be on that roof on Valentine’s Day.

Neither was Kellan Marchetti, the school’s designated freak.


We met on the verge of ending our lives.

Somehow, the tattered strings of our tragedies tangled and tightened into an unlikely bond.


We decided not to take the plunge and agreed to check on each other every Valentine’s Day until school ended.

Same time.

One roof.

Two restless souls.


We kept our promise for three years.

On the fourth, Kellan made a decision, and I was left to deal with the consequences.

Just when I thought our story ended, another one began.


They say all love stories look the same and taste different.


Mine was venomous, disgraceful, and written in scarlet scars.


My name is Charlotte Richards, but you can call me Venom.







Comments

Popular Posts