Review: Do You Dare? (Truth or Dare Duet, #1) By Lylah James






Title: Do You Dare?
Author: Lylah James
Genre: New Adult Romance 
Rating: ☕️☕️☕️☕️ 4


Synopsis:

𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒂 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒐𝒐 𝒇𝒂𝒓?

Maddox Coulter. Reckless bad boy. Infamous playboy. My nemesis. And now my best friend.

I know he’ll never leave me hanging. He knows I'll never refuse a dare. Everywhere we go we turn heads, but it’s not like that.

Until it is.

For one of us, anyway.

I've always known he would be my downfall. But I trusted him to catch me.

He proved me wrong.

Maddox has gone too far, and I don’t know if I want to rein him in or push us further into dangerous territory.

He tells me those three little words that I crave. Three little words I want from no one else.

𝑰 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖

Except this time, it's no simple dare. This could burn us to the ground.

"𝑰 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒖𝒄𝒌 𝒉𝒊𝒎."






Review:




Do you Dare?  I have to say I have been dying to read this book since I first heard about it.  The synopsis immediately drew me in. I mean, come on! Bad boy best friend, who the heroine winds up falling for?! It's my Kryptonite. 



I really enjoyed this book. The development of Maddox and Lila's friendship was really fun. There is so much sass and sarcasm going back and forth between these two. I loved all of the jokes and humor. And obviously the sexual tension is on point. 😉



"Lila Garcia straightened her own crooked crown because she didn't need anyone else to do it for her."




And even though this book is about our maine characters I seriously loved getting to hear about the side characters as well and found myself really interested and excited when we got updates on them as well. I'm kinda hoping they get a book lol. 



But it's so great when a book has, not only great maine characters, but awesome side characters as well. It just makes it so much more enjoyable. 



I very much loved Lila's strength and just general badassery. She doesn't need no man to save her, and Maddox agrees. It makes the book so much better for me when the female character is strong on her own. And Lila definitely is that! 




"She was mistaken. I was my own hero."



This one was my first read from Lylah James and I really enjoyed her writing. I wasn't ever bored. She kept the momentum and tension going throughout the book. 


While I do really enjoy and thrive off of angst in books, the back and forth and denying their feelings for each other between Maddox and Lila went on a little too long for me. It's pure torture! So, if you're a fan of angst you'll love it lol. 


Overall it was so much fun to read and I am definitely looking forward to the next book! Especially after that killer cliff-hanger. 








*I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. All thought's and opinions are my own.*












Comments

Popular Posts