-Book Review - Pieces of You by Jay McLean -

 



Title: Pieces of You (Pieces Duet, #1)

Author: Jay McLean

Rating: ★★★★★

Genre: New Adult Romance 


Blurb: 


They could’ve been perfect.

In another time. Another world.

Where his wasn’t falling apart.

And hers wasn’t already in pieces.

-

High school senior Holden Eastwood only has one fear in life: growing up.

He spends his days unmotivated, moving from one game to the next, searching for his next challenge.

He never expected that challenge to come in the form of a girl…

A girl with zero fashion sense, a filthy mouth, and a bullsh*t attitude.

Unlike Holden, Jameson Taylor had no choice but to grow up.

Neglected, isolated, and forced to raise herself, Jameson only has one goal in life: graduate and move on.

The last thing she needs is some guy she can’t stand suddenly declaring her as his new hobby.

Their lives couldn’t be more opposite.

Their pasts a complete paradox.

But in each other, they find the unexpected…

They find solace.

Fragments of forever…

A forever that might tear them to pieces.


**ARC received in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.**


Review: 

Jay McLean never fails to bring all of the angst and emotion you could ever want. Pieces of You consumed my every thought while reading. I absolutely devoured this book. 

"Searching for the right pieces to fit perfectly in just the right place... it's time consuming and challenging, but it brings a kind of order to the chaos, and if you put in the effort, the end result is always rewarding." 

I was so completely consumed by this book that I forgot that it is a duet and that ending caught me completely off guard! I want book two sooo bad.

Pieces of You had everything that I wanted. Jay McLeans writing has always captivated me, and her ability to pull on my heart strings every time did not fail with this one. I loved both of the characters but Jamie became one of my all time favorite heroines from this author. Oh, my gosh her character is so strong, and she's just been through so much. Ugh. I loved her. And don't get me wrong I loved Holden too, but I just connected with Jamie on such a deep level. 

"And maybe I had it wrong. Maybe Holden Eastwood isn't the flame to my moth. Maybe he's the moon. The light. Guiding me out of my darkness."

Totally devoured this book so fast. The characters  the story, the angst, the teenage love, it was all just so fantastically written and I could not get enough. Literally because I am jonseing for book two. I highly recommend Pieces of You. 






Comments

Popular Posts